National Business Group on Health
20 F St NW Suite 200
Washington, DC 20001, United States
Post Date: March 07, 2017|
- MBA/MPH combined degree, MPH with concentration in global health, MBA, Master’s in human resource management or related field required.
- Credentials such as the Global Professional in Human Resources (GPHR®) or the Certificate in Global Benefits Management desired.
- 4-6 years of progressively responsible experience in the global benefits department of a large company and/or in the global health space. Experience working in a corporate environment is a plus.
- Superb writing and editing skills with extensive writing experience required. Experience writing for a corporate audience a strong plus.
- Skilled in issues of diversity and cultural competency particularly as relates to the needs of a global workforce.
- Knowledge of employer-based health benefits in various world regions desired.
- Knowledge of employer-based well-being and health promotion programs globally desired.
The ideal candidate should possess the following:
- Experience with projects that address practical concerns and implement solutions is preferred over experience in primary research.
- Exceptional ability to set goals, measure progress, and meet deadlines, while managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- High degree of self-motivation, organization, attention to detail, judgment, and problem solving ability.
- Demonstrated ability to learn new subject matter quickly and become conversant in it. Strong critical thinking and research skills, including familiarity with trusted global health and benefits sources.
- High touch internal & external customer service skills and ability to work collegially across the organization.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. A writing sample will be required from top candidates demonstrating business writing, analytical, critical thinking skills and practical problem solving.
- Proficiency in written and spoken English.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills with the ability to work independently, with a multi-faceted internal team, and with a diverse external community.
- Highly computer literate, with a strong working knowledge of MS Office Suite software, specifically Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Strong work ethic.
- International travel is not required; domestic travel is minimal.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Knowledge of programs, strategies and organizations in global benefits and/or global health.
- Experience in managing or working with a Board or Committee.
- Fluency in a second language, preferably Spanish or Mandarin Chinese.
- Experience using WebEx.
- Knowledge of Microsoft CRM.
The Senior Analyst reports to the Vice President and works full time staffing the Global Business Group on Health (GBGH). This position works to support and advance GBGH, a forum for collaborative information exchange, joint problem solving, and the development of innovative approaches to the global health care concerns identified by large multinational employers. The Senior Analyst is responsible for researching and developing practical solutions, tools and resources, guidance on best practices, and networking opportunities for global member companies. All GBGH team members work with large employer representatives and strategic partners (non-employer representatives) to drive the Global Business Group’s agenda. This position is based in Washington, DC.
- Write various types of resources and publications (including web-based) that address multinational employers’ global health and workforce challenges. Requirements include researching, interpreting, summarizing, and disseminating available information to create practical, actionable guidance for professionals in human resources, benefits, medical, health promotion and occupational health departments at global corporations.
- Manage a wide range of projects from concept to completion on time and with minimal-moderate supervision.
- Support content development and program logistics for the Best Employers for Healthy Lifestyles® Global Distinction award program.
- Stay abreast of relevant literature, research, trends and the changing global landscape as it applies to multinational employers and serve as a member of the go-to team for member questions and needs.
- Work with National Business Group on Health, GBGH and Event Management teams on a variety of meeting-related tasks including but not limited to presenting, conceptualizing and moderating sessions, assembling meeting materials, scheduling and moderating conference calls, liaising with caterer and hotels etc.
- Demonstrate cultural and linguistic sensitivity when interacting with international colleagues.
- Communicate effectively verbally and in writing with minimal supervision with all contacts internal and external to the Business Group.
- Proactively innovate and suggest new deliverables, products or services that will add value for members. Work collaboratively with other team members to produce these resources.
- Display high professional and personal standards in all aspects of work and handle sensitive information confidentially.
- Participate in the day-to-day, administrative activities of GBGH including new member orientation and record keeping.
- Meet tight member-requested deadlines.
- Represent the organization at relevant conferences and meetings and ensure appropriate follow up.
- Contribute to the overall mission of the organization and member recruitment and retention through excellent customer service.
- Assist the CEO, Vice President and other team members with special projects and other duties as needed.
Qualified candidates can submit a cover letter, salary requirements and resume to:
Vice President Finance and Administration & CFO
National Business Group on Health
20 F Street, NW
Washington, DC 20001
Washington, DC, United States