May 19, 2021
Specifically, the Business Group supports:
- 1 | Treating telehealth services as an excepted benefit which would enable employers to offer this type of coverage to part-time and variable workforces, and other employees not enrolled in the employers’ medical plan;
- 2 | Reforming medical licensure requirements to enable services to be offered across state lines;
- 3 | Establishing a national set of standards for telemedicine services to address state-based requirements that have not kept pace with technology, practice site and remote working advances, including eliminating originating site and prior provider relationship requirements; and
- 4 | Clarifying that CARES Act telemedicine provisions are effective for plan years on or after January 1, 2019
- 5 | Considering network access and availability of behavioral and mental heath care providers.