Summary of Duties
The Benefit Analyst position supports the benefit managers in the day-to-day administration and coordination of the Amtrak Benefit Programs including Retirement, Healthcare and Life Insurance Plans. The position involves, but is not limited to: resolving benefit, retirement, reporting, and reconciliation issues. In addition, the job duties also include ensuring accurate benefits data for proper implementation of Amtrak benefit polices.
- Assists in the administration of employee benefit programs such as retirement, 401(k) savings, medical, dental and life insurance plans.
- Assists Benefit COEs with problem resolution and handles benefits inquiries and complaints to ensure quick, equitable, and courteous resolution.
- Assist in regular review/audits of employee SAP records relative to benefits issues and coordinate corrections/updates to reflect accurate information when needed.
- Accurately enters and/or manages employees, retirees and/or eligible beneficiaries data and ensures use, adherence, and/or application of appropriate training materials and controls for the purposes of the administration of the Amtrak Retirement Income Plan (SAP, LynchVal, JP Morgan vendor systems).
- Assists in regular audits of benefit and retirement income plan reports/data and needed reconciliations (i.e., SAP, LynchVal, JP Morgan, AonHewitt).
- Utilize certain benefit systems (e.g., FilemakerPro and LynchVal) to prepare required participant communications.
- Assists and executes 401(k) related processes (i.e., funding, loan deferrals, interface file errors) within specified timeframes.
- Develops written materials to document processes, provide reference materials and convey information to appropriate parties.
- Monitors and responds to communications received through shared e-mail boxes and/or EIC logs in a timely manner.
- Collaborates with COEs and IT team regarding HR SAP and benefit processes and process improvements.
- Supports the retirement income plan processes including reviews of employee information and pension calculations.
- Responds, researches, processes and monitors RRB and PBI related processes in a timely manner.
- Cross-Trains team members and fills in for administrative responsibilities during temporary absences.
- Supports testing of HR and/or vendor systems due to upgrades or enhancements.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Some experience in Benefits administration.
- Some experience with SAP or other Human Resource Information Systems.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of benefits, third party record keeping/administration, Retirement and Health and Welfare Benefits Policies, rules, regulations, eligibility provisions and enrollment procedures, beneficiary designations and special settlements.
- Customer service focus and strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to learn and use multiple HR systems.
- Skilled in process management.
- Good mathematical skills; excellent attention to detail.
- Must have strong organizational, excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to present data in a summarized and understandable manner is essential.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to identify, analyze, and resolve issues based on data or available information.
- Able to prioritize and balance multiple competing tasks in a fast paced, high volume team environment.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- 2 years of relevant work experience
- Bachelor's Degree.
- CEBS and/or PHR Certification.
Communications and Interpersonal Skills
Must have excellent written and oral communication skills.