The Benefits Analyst provides primary support to the Manager of Health and Well-being (H&W) benefits. The team member will be responsible for Darden’s third party administrators (TPAs) and ancillary vendors holding them accountable for ongoing delivery, project timelines, and performance metrics. This team member will need to be a critical thinker who conducts research and summarizes data to support recommendations on existing and new benefits. Expectations include creating dashboard reporting for monitoring enrollment, utilization, plan eligibility, program costs, and other key performance indicators of benefit plans and initiatives.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Primary contact for day to day interactions, including data files
- Conduct analysis and routine audits of H&W programs and system programming to ensure accurate system setup and identify trends by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing employee benefit data through dashboards and other reporting tools/applications
- Identify and implement process improvements for benefit programs
- Assist with H&W Request for Proposals (RFPs) as well as vendor contract renewals
- Serve as project manager on applicable H&W projects/implementations
- Assist with efforts in conjunction with vendor partners and internal communications around the delivery of benefit communications for employee facing benefits portal, orientation, annual and other cyclical communications
- Interpret program rules and policies to assure benefit programs are administered in accordance with the plans and legislative requirements such as ACA, HIPAA, ERISA, etc.
- Ensure all policies and procedures are implemented and well documented, performing occasional internal reviews, and identifying compliance issues
- Implement and monitor regulatory changes and report findings as applicable to management
- Complete benchmarking surveys
- Interpret Plan documents, SPDs, and regulatory changes from federal/state/municipal agencies
- Complete compliance filings such as 5500s, ACA 1094/1095, etc.
- Other duties as assigned
Required Technical Skills
- 3+ years of professional experience in a related field, preferably in a H&W role
- Highly proficient with Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Proven ability to conduct research and report results
- Strong organizational and planning skills, excellent follow through, detail orientation, and self-starter skills
- Analytical work experience
- Advanced degree in HR, business, finance, accounting, or equivalent experience
Other Key Qualifications
- Ability to handle sensitive information confidentially.
- Ability to work accurately with detailed information.
- Excellent communication skills, written and oral.
- A team player who can interact with all levels of the organization.
- Ability to meet commitments on multiple priorities in a fast paced, dynamic environment while using sound judgment to make accurate, efficient decisions.
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities.
Preferred Skills and Experience
- PeopleSoft HRIS
- 3+ years benefits administration experience
- Strong project management skills
- Understanding of legal requirements, regulatory issues relating to employee benefits
- Vendor management