What You'll Do
BCG is seeking a Director, Global Head of Benefits & Wellbeing to lead the global center of expertise in designing and implementing a comprehensive employee benefits approach for BCG employees and their families across the globe. To unlock the potential of those who advance the world, we believe we must stay true to our company principles, our values, and each other. Inherent in this pursuit is our ability to attract and retain the best talent and fully reflect the diverse world in which we live and work. By investing in employee well-being; we empower our people and, as a result, deliver value to our clients. In this role, you will help lead, inspire, and bring benefits to the next level as part of the broader Total Rewards strategy.
This role reports to the Global Rewards Senior Director and regularly partners with multiple teams within BCG. You will be responsible for building and deploying a global and geographically dispersed group of Benefits experts.
Currently BCG offers a comprehensive range of benefits that support and improve the overall well-being of our employees and eligible family members. To continue to advance our impact in this space, you will advise BCG senior leadership on strategies to further elevate the employee benefits offerings to a market-leading position, simplify and improve the employee experience, and become recognized as the thought leader within and outside the firm.
- You’ll be responsible for shaping the overall Benefits strategy; and leading and coaching the Global Benefits Center of Expertise team, creating the optimal team structure and skills to support our agenda. You will be driving a strong performance culture and providing your team with opportunities to grow their careers.
- You’ll act as a consultative thought partner to our internal stakeholders across multiple geographies and businesses, brainstorming solutions and creating Benefits and Wellbeing strategies to meet our talent goals and objectives. In addition, you’ll be collaborating closely with Global Rewards and other Comp and Benefits directors and business leadership to ensure we have effective frameworks in place to support the Rewards, Benefits and Wellbeing strategy.
- You’ll drive deep partnerships with key stakeholders to ensure a fluid understanding of the various skills and competencies the Benefits experts bring to the table and embed a collaboration model to serve BCG geographies and businesses in conjunction with the Global Compensation advisory model ensuring market competitive, innovative, and cost-effective benefits programs.
- You’ll champion diversity, equity, and inclusion considerations within the firm’s benefits programs.
- You’ll translate business goals and market trends to recommend and influence new approaches, policies, and procedures to create and influence the development of Benefits models to compete for our target talent groups.
- You’ll oversee the Global Benefits communications and branding plan aligned with broader EVP.
- You will be responsible for:
- Establishing a strong global Benefits network to ensure collaborative teaming, shared and aligned agendas and excellence in Wellbeing and Benefits is implemented across BCG.
- Building a global knowledge base & understanding across teams.
- Driving continuous improvement in benefits communication to help our employees understand our benefits tools and offerings.
- Maintain an understanding of key industry trends and best practices and ensure that BCG is seen as a top employer of choice in the external market
- You’ll be responsible for driving the value of investment from Benefits programs, as well as managing vendor and broker relationships ensuring that the benefits processes align with applicable regulations and BCG’s risk management and policy guidelines.
- You’ll apply your expertise and knowledge of market conditions to ensure our insurance covers our people at the right level and continuously look for opportunities to improve our coverage.
- You’ll own the Global Benefits project portfolio and ensure that critical initiatives across the range of areas are covered by the expertise and talent as needed.
You're Good At
- The successful candidate will be comfortable in a fast-paced, complex global organization and confident in their regular interactions with the business and making decisions that require intellectual nimbleness, pragmatism and values-based decision making
- Self-motivated, proactive, and hardworking team player, with strong influencing skills
- Must be able to deliver functional capabilities that in keeping with BCG’s values and culture
- Effectively balance strategic thinking with the ability to get things done within a rapidly changing work environment
- Excellent conceptual skills and ability to package complex materials into a well-organized and succinct work product
- Enlist the cooperation of others while tapping into the skills & abilities of others to achieve desired results
- Understanding of cultural differences and open to local nuances across regions; ability to engage and connect with virtual team members and stakeholders
You Bring (Experience & Qualifications)
- You have a university degree and 15+ years of relevant leadership work experience in either top-tier benefits consulting firm or a global benefits role within a heavily matrixed organization.
- You are a strong mentor, a team-builder with a long-term perspective, and empower others. You can motivate a team, lead by example, and fully comply with BCG Values, and you find ways to inspire and support diverse backgrounds and experience levels.
- You’ll have experience in data, analytics, and benchmarking trends to fuel local and global innovation.
- Understanding of innovation in voluntary and flexible benefits.
- You have a strategic perspective on People topics and can set the strategic direction for employee wellbeing and benefit programs to support the evolving needs of a dynamic organization.
- You possess in-depth knowledge of complex global wellbeing & employee benefits topics and creatively apply previous experience to improve the function further and are viewed as a subject matter expert across functions and stakeholder networks.
- You are highly capable of engaging and influencing stakeholders at a variety of levels, including senior leaders, to direct business outcomes, and are often sought out by senior stakeholders as a trusted sounding board
- You have a strong ability to work under pressure and are results-driven and self-motivated. You are flexible and can work in an environment with short-term shifts in priorities to meet a diverse customer base.
- You have experience with the strategic planning of wellbeing & employee benefits program development, consulting, and governance.
- You demonstrate a history of successfully owning and identifying solutions across the full spectrum of employee benefits and well-being, including behavioral, physical, and financial health.
- Ideally, you have prior knowledge of the professional services industry and its specific talent needs.
You'll Work With
- Senior BCG business Leadership/other critical stakeholders of BCG and BCG organizations
- Global and Regional Finance and HR
- Local office leadership (incl. HR, Finance, and Office Heads)
- Other Global functions such as Mobility, Tax, and Partner Services Group
Who We Are
BCG pioneered strategy consulting more than 50 years ago, and we continue to innovate and redefine the industry. We offer multiple career paths for the world’s best talent to have a real impact on business and society. As part of our team, you will benefit from the breadth and diversity of what we are doing today and where we are headed next. We count on your authenticity, exceptional work, and strong integrity. In return we are committed to supporting you in discovering the most fulfilling career journey possible—and unlocking your potential to advance the world. Our team called Global Services (GS) provides corporate support to business areas such as Finance, Legal, HR, Marketing and IT. This diverse team of experts, operators and specialists represent all levels from Partner to entry level staff, operating across the globe in multiple countries. Global Services is in short, the backbone of BCG.
Boston Consulting Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity / expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law, where applicable, and those with criminal histories will be considered in a manner consistent with applicable state and local laws.