Paramount Global (NASDAQ: PARA, PARAA) is a leading global media and entertainment company that creates premium content and experiences for audiences worldwide. Driven by iconic studios, networks and streaming services, Paramount's portfolio of consumer brands includes CBS, Showtime Networks, Paramount Pictures, Nickelodeon, MTV, Comedy Central, BET, Paramount+, Pluto TV and Simon & Schuster, among others. Paramount delivers the largest share of the U.S. television audience and boasts one of the industry's most important and extensive libraries of TV and film titles. In addition to offering innovative streaming services and digital video products, the company provides powerful capabilities in production, distribution and advertising solutions.
We are looking for a Human Resources Benefits Coordinator to join our team! This position is part of a centralized leave administrative team that services domestic Paramount divisions. You must be highly organized, demonstrate initiative, have a strong desire to learn more and be involved in broader team projects. This role will offer you exposure to a wide range of Company HR leave policies and Federal and State regulations.
- Responsible to schedule calls and meetings with employees and or HRBPs to discuss leave eligibility, accommodations, and the leave process.
- Respond to leave of absence inquiries by email or phone to ensure employees understand leave policies and their responsibilities to during a leave.
- Liaison with payroll and HR information systems to ensure employee time reconciles with UNUM approvals, and process State claims as necessary.
- Partner closely with a third-party administrator (UNUM) to understand and oversee the leave timeframe.
- Organize and maintain leave of absence spreadsheets for employees on active and future leaves to ensure compliance with state and federal laws.
- Attend online and onsite meetings.
- 1 – 2 years of administrative experience preferably in an HR/benefits role.
- Knowledge of FMLA and State leave Laws – emphasis on NY, NJ, and CA.
- Must have strong organizational skills and follow-up
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Must possess accuracy, logic, analysis, and reasoning skills.
- Must have the ability to work well under time constraints and multiple deadlines.
- Must handle and maintain confidential information.
- Strong computer skills required, including knowledge of MS Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Working knowledge of platforms like Microsoft Teams and Zoom.
- Experience with personnel and timekeeping systems is desirable.
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
At Paramount, the spirit of inclusion feeds into everything that we do, on-screen and off. From the programming and movies we create to employee benefits/programs and social impact outreach initiatives, we believe that opportunity, access, resources and rewards should be available to and for the benefit of all. Paramount is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access. https://www.paramount.com/careers as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by calling 212.846.5500 or by sending an email to email@example.com. Only messages left for this purpose will be returned.
Paramount believes in creating environments that allow our primary focus to remain on providing entertainment, education and information to our millions of viewers around the world. As part of this commitment to health and safety, Paramount requires COVID-19 vaccines for current U.S. employees, including all newly hired employees, subject to applicable law. Union employees are subject to the agreement reached between the Company and the applicable Union.