Cracker Barrel is seeking a Benefits Manager to join our team at the Home Office. This role is responsible for the oversight of the administration of the employee benefits program. This individual is tasked with ensuring the company’s “Pleasing People” mission is carried out efficiently and effectively through the benefits programs to employees and their dependents. Our ideal candidate has worked in a restaurant/retail organization or a company of a similar size.
- Oversees the administration of employee benefits programs. Plans and directs implementation and administration of benefits programs. Directs preparation and distribution of informational literature and oral presentations to notify and advise employees of eligibility for benefits programs. Analyzes company benefits policies, applicable federal and state laws, and data concerning prevailing practices among other organizations in order to comply with legal requirements, ensure consistent application, and establish competitive benefits programs. Researches and resolves complex benefits issues involving employees and/or plan design issues.
- Manages the employee benefits programs staff. Interviews, selects, hires, and develops staff. Initiates and carries out personnel actions to include monitoring and evaluating performance, issuing disciplinary action, termination, promotion, etc. Ensures efficient, effective work flow for the timely completion of assignments. Develops and implements benefits administration policy and procedures.
- Assists Director with analyzing quality and cost of comparable vendor services and makes recommendations based upon the organization’s needs and compatibility with company established standards. Participates in the bidding process and negotiates services with vendors.
- Assists Director with long-range planning for employee benefits programs. Assesses current programs and evaluates emerging trends. Assists Director with annual budget planning and development.
- Maintains Executive Life records and ensures accuracy of completed forms.
Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or related degree and 3-5 years benefits administration management experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.