Dover is a diversified global manufacturer with annual revenue of over $7 billion. We deliver innovative equipment and components, specialty systems, consumable supplies, software and digital solutions, and support services through five operating segments: Engineered Products, Fueling Solutions, Imaging & Identification, Pumps & Process Solutions and Refrigeration & Food Equipment. Dover combines global scale with operational agility to lead the markets we serve. Recognized for our entrepreneurial approach for over 60 years, our team of approximately 24,000 employees operating in 40+ countries, takes an ownership mindset, collaborating with customers to redefine what's possible. Headquartered in Downers Grove, Illinois, Dover trades on the New York Stock Exchange under "DOV." Additional information is available at dovercorporation.com.
This is a critical position on the total rewards team in HR at the Corporate office of Dover. This role manages global benefits governance and controls, global employment planning, immigration planning, and global rewards planning. This individual will work with global teams across Dover’s 18 Operating companies and will be a leader on the Corporate HR team. There will be regular interaction with HR staff at all levels with the Operating companies as well Corporate functional team leaders in finance, legal, tax, and operations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Manage Global Benefits governance
- Responsible to manage the annual reporting of life, disability, retirement plans across the company including working with Dover’s accounting group for year-end financial planning.
- Provide research and support for Dover’s Benefits Committee meetings on reporting on all non-US benefit plans
- Manage the global benefits governance strategy which includes working with operating companies on plan design changes, plan renewals for non-US life, risk, health, and retirement plans.
- Provide guidance on global regulatory changes to Operating Company teams
- Benchmark benefit plans in each country and work with local consultants to create plan design changes where necessary
Manage HR Diligence for Mergers & Acquisition & Divestitures
- Lead pre-close diligence planning for HR function including reviewing benefit plans, compensation plans, equity plans, bonus plans and finalize a comparison analysis.
- Work with Operating Company leaders to finalize diligence planning including talent assessments and compensation package analysis.
- Report out on weekly deal calls on the status of the HR diligence and meet key milestones
- Lead diligence for multiple deals at one time
Lead Dover’s Global Employment Council
- Responsible for providing recommendations on tricky global employment situations where hires are made in emerging markets for an Operating Company
- Responsible to research local employment rules while liaising with local attorneys and experts to come up with recommendations and support Operating Company recruiting needs
- Coordinate cross-functional team of legal, tax, human resources to review hosting arrangements globally
- Review independent contractor arrangements and ensure compliance with local labor and employment.
Global Rewards Planning
- Responsible for establishing total compensation packages for global hosting situations including net to net calculations
- Manage country councils to create cross collaboration amongst operation companies within a country
- Support Dover’s effort to create regional compensation practices and create more alignment amongst companies
- Review and research rewards strategies that Dover can establish regionally
- Support development of global wellbeing strategy
Immigration Planning and Support
- Oversee global immigration vendor for all immigration matters
- Main point of contact for Operating Company leaders on immigration strategy for special situations to meet business needs
- Subject matter expert on global immigration matters and provide updates to entire company (ie. Brexit, US changes, etc
Qualifications / Requirements/Desired Characteristics
- Minimum of B.S. or equivalent in HR or a relevant engineering, scientific or business discipline. Advanced degree, MS and/or MBA, is preferred
- 10+ years of working experience in HR and global benefits preferably in manufacturing and 5+ years’ experience in leadership role
- Project management expertise
- Ability to multi-task and perform in a dynamic environment
- Strong sense of urgency, accountability and highly objective oriented
- Highly organized and efficient in approaching tasks, a self-starter with ability to problem solve proactively
- Impeccable organization and efficiency skills; strong attention to detail
- Clear, concise and articulate communication skills - verbal, written and listening
- Interfaces with wide array of individuals, balances multiple tasks and maintains positive attitude and energy
- Strong team player, work ethic and commitment to win right
- Strong analytical skills; ability to think big, act small and scale fast
Statement of Non-Inclusivity
This job description is not to be construed as a complete listing of the duties and responsibilities that may be given to any employee. The duties and responsibilities outlined in this position may be added to or changed when deemed appropriate and necessary by the person who is managerially responsible for this position.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, age, genetic information, or any other factors prohibited by law.