At BD, we are dedicated to attracting and retaining extraordinary contributors. We offer our associates opportunities to grow and develop their careers, be rewarded and recognized for their efforts, and to ensure a balance between work and life. Advancing the world of health is BDs corporate purpose and the inspiration behind our global enterprise. It is a call to action that resounds with BD associates around the world.
The Total Rewards team at BD works collaboratively across a global team of Total Reward and HR professionals, designing programs intended to enable superior business results through a performance-based culture. We listen to our internal stakeholders and collect their feedback to continually improve and enhance our programs through a two-way dialogue. Combining internal data, stakeholder feedback and external competitive data, we make large-scale decisions that impact BD associates and the business in a meaningful way.
Summary - Role:
Develop and implement Total Rewards (compensation, benefits, well-being, and mobility) education and communications for associates and managers to advance the understanding of Total Rewards plans, programs, processes, and policies. Manage the coordination of materials for final review, incorporating edits from multiple stakeholders for a variety of communication channels.
Partner with Corporate Communications, Global Total Rewards, HR Business Partners, external vendors and other stakeholders as needed.
- Lead the finalization and execution of global and North America Total Rewards content aligned to the communication and education strategy, using multiple channels, including regional communications as needed. Communication materials may include: videos, email memos, pre-recorded presentations, FAQs, manager and HR toolkits, training materials, job aids, etc.
- Partners with and act as internal consultant representing the BD Total Rewards team with Human Resources and other various internal stakeholders on all global total rewards communications materials related to compensation and benefits related matters, such as, incentives, job architecture, global processes, base pay, well-being, global mobility and other compensation and benefits related policies, programs, and strategies.
- Partner with external communications vendors, HR Solutions, Shared Services, Total Rewards and other internal stakeholders to understand educational/communication needs; supports the management of end-to-end development, deployment and measures effectiveness of delivered communications.
- Liaison with Regional Total Rewards to review global communications and incorporate key messages from the Region.
- Develop strategies to effectively deploy communications, including managing communication logistics as needed.
- Coordinate translation of communications as needed, working with external partners as necessary.
- Develop and modify architecture of Total Rewards intranet sites (Maxwell and HROne) and publish content, as necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree; preferred degree in Communications, Human Resources or Public Relations
- 10+ years of progressively responsible compensation and benefits experience demonstrating extensive knowledge of total rewards principles, techniques and practices
- Total Rewards communications responsibilities
- Excellent written, oral, interpersonal communications skills in a corporate environment
- Able to tailor the delivery of challenging technical concepts to a non-technical audience
- Must be a strong editor and proofreader
- Experience developing Total Rewards communications required
- Excellent customer service orientation, flexible attitude, adaptable to change, team player and able to handle multiple projects at once to meet tight deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to lead projects and independently perform assigned communications responsibilities
- Experience implementing integrated strategic communications plans
- Demonstrated experience developing impactful communications that increase awareness and simplifies technical information in a way that provides clarity to various audiences
- Experience preparing training materials, talking points, presentations, speaker notes and other communications materials across multiple channels and audiences
- Experience developing communications globally is a plus