Business Group on Health, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, is a member network of health and benefits professionals who represent large employers and industry partners across the U.S. and globally. Our members are primarily Fortune 500 companies and large public sector employers, including the most innovative health care purchasers, who provide health coverage for more than 60 million U.S. workers, retirees, and their families in 200 countries. We are dedicated to finding innovative solutions to health, well-being, and workforce strategy issues. For further information, see http://www.businessgrouphealth.org.
The Global Institute is comprised of over 80 Business Group member companies that have operations in geographies around the world. Members convene several times per year to hear from global health and benefits experts and to share their experiences and best practices to advance global health, benefits and workforce solutions for their respective organizations.
The Vice President has overall strategic and operational responsibility for the Global Institute. This position reports directly to the President & CEO. The preference is for the position to be in Washington, DC, but qualified remote candidates will be considered as well.
- Provide leadership, implement vision and ensure programmatic excellence for the Global Institute.
- Keep Global Institute membership on the leading edge of innovation, thinking and action to address global health care strategy, benefit design, governance, access, and financing.
- Create and sustain outstanding member service by analyzing and responding to global health, benefits, and employee well-being trends that impact multinational employers.
- Collaborate with Global Institute co-chairs, members, industry partners and Global Institute staff to develop programs and resources that anticipate and respond to the needs of global employers.
- Provide day-to-day supervision and develop/retain high-performing team members, empowering them to elevate their level of responsibility and performance.
- Mentor team members to advance critical skill sets including but not limited to: writing for a business audience, critical thinking about relevant global topics, and clear verbal communication.
- Maintain and expand financial support for existing and new initiatives, developing new sponsor relationships as necessary, and managing the solicitation, invoicing and renewal process for all Global Institute stakeholders.
- Represent Business Group on Health at relevant conferences, meetings, and professional organizations.
- In coordination with the CFO, manage all financial aspects of the Global Institute.
- Serve as a member of the Business Group Leadership Team to formulate and drive the overall organization’s strategic and operational plan.
- Collaborate with the Vice President of Membership and Member Services to recruit new Business Group on Health members.
- Other duties as assigned by the President/CEO.
- 15+ years of experience in global health/wellness and/or corporate global benefits.
- Master’s Degree in business, MPH with concentration in global health, Master’s in global human resource management or related field preferred.
- Credentials such as the Global Professional in Human Resources (GPHR) or the Certificate in Global Benefits Management desired.
- 10+ years of experience working internationally, in person and/or virtually, ideally in a corporate environment.
- 10+ years in a leadership role.
- 10+ years of employee supervisory experience.
- Experience working in the non-profit sector a plus, but not required.
- Detailed knowledge of multinational corporate benefits planning/administration.
- Detailed understanding of global workforce health issues in both developed and developing countries
- Experience with projects that address practical concerns is preferred over experience in primary research.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for a business audience.
- Resource development experience (e.g. white papers, practical guides/checklists, podcasts, surveys, webinars).
- Polished public speaker.
- Strong leadership skills and ability to facilitate problem-solving.
- Proven ability to mentor and develop staff in relevant global topic areas.
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, and thorough with the ability to track and document.
- Demonstrated ability to set goals and priorities, measure progress, handle multiple responsibilities, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced, dynamic, member service organization.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Excellent internal and external customer service skills and the ability to work across the organization with all levels of personnel.
- Proficient in all MS Office software.
- Fluent in written and spoken English. Fluency in a second language a plus.
- International travel is not currently required; periodic domestic travel.
Key Attributes & Competencies
- Orientation toward long-term strategic planning
- Member/Customer-first orientation
Qualified candidates can submit a cover letter and resume to: