Business Group on Health is seeking an undergraduate or graduate student for a virtual, unpaid summer internship. Business Group on Health, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, is a member network of health and benefits professionals who represent large employers and industry partners across the U.S. and globally. Our members are primarily Fortune 500 companies and large public sector employers, including the most innovative health care purchasers, who provide health coverage for more than 60 million U.S. workers, retirees, and their families in 200 countries. We are dedicated to finding innovative solutions to health, well-being, and workforce strategy issues.
The intern will help across the organization helping with several topic areas and a variety of deliverables.
The internship may focus on the following topics:
- Emerging health care cost and delivery trends
- Workforce well-being
- Global health and well-being
- Health innovations
- Employee engagement
- Health equity
- Surveys and research
The intern may:
- Bachelor’s degree required, strong consideration for Master’s degree, or equivalent related experience in health benefits, health management, human resources, or related field.
- Write or revise various resources and publications. Requirements include researching, interpreting and summarizing information to create practical, actionable guidance for human resources and benefits professionals.
- Engage in external and internal communications with members and others, doing so with moderate supervision as pertains to assigned projects.
- Provide administrative support to the team, including taking notes and auditing website contents.
Qualified canidates will have:
- Excellent research and writing skills; able to succinctly articulate key themes and messages.
- Strong interest in health, human resources, or business.
- Analytical and integrated thinking; able to synthesize large amounts of information from various places and pull together key salient points that are action oriented.
- High degree of self-motivation, organization, attention to detail, judgment, and problem-solving ability.
- High professional and personal standards in all aspects of work and handle sensitive information confidentially.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills with the ability to work independently as well as with a multi-faceted internal team, and for a diverse external community.
- Highly computer literate, with a strong working knowledge of MS Office Suite software, specifically Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
We are looking for an unpaid intern who can help us, virtually, 20-30 hours per week for 10-12 weeks.
Interested candidates should email their resume, cover letter and a writing sample to: