October 02, 2020
Specifically, the Business Group supported CMS efforts to
- Phasing out the Inpatient Only (IPO) List over a 3-year period (beginning in calendar year (CY) 2021).
- Permitting Medicare to pay for an expanded set of procedures at ambulatory surgery centers (ASCs), typically a lower cost site of care, if they do not pose significant safety risks.
- Adding a prior authorization requirement for Cervical Fusion with Disc Removal and Implanted Spinal Neurostimulators,
- Reducing or eliminating unnecessary or modifying burdensome requirements for providers.
- Making a number of changes to improve quality and transparency under the Medicare program.