October 02, 2020
Specifically, the Business Group supported CMS efforts to
- Refine the Medicare ACO program to to achieve better health outcomes for beneficiaries at reduced costs
- Increase access to health services provided via telehealth both during the COVID-19 public health emergency (PHE) and beyond
- Steer the delivery system via changes to payment rules that seek to provide increased flexibility for telehealth in the supervision of Non-Physician Providers (NPPs)
- Increase the relative weights to determine payments for office/outpatient evaluation and management services.
- Address the opioid crisis by expanding the list of drugs that CMS will cover for Opioid Use Disorder (OUD) to include opioid antagonist medications drugs, such as Naloxone.