January 09, 2020
Employers are increasingly exploring global leave policies and programs. In so doing, it is important to have awareness of the underlying statutory programs in various countries. As maternity benefits are quite generous in other markets, companies have focused on:
- Enhancing pay,
- Increasing paternity leave,
- Adding adoption / surrogacy / stillborn / pregnancy termination coverage, and
- Expanding coverage terminology to incorporate LGBTQ families and other non-traditional families (i.e., birth vs. non-birth parents, primary versus secondary caregiver, universal parental coverage).
This Asia Pacific regional resource provides:
- Statutory Country Data: publicly available data on what is offered through statutory or common practice.
- Employer Examples of Supplemental Policies: examples of employer efforts to go beyond the statutory practices.
Highlighted countries include:
- Hong Kong
- South Korea