Cognizant (Nasdaq-100: CTSH) is one of the world’s leading professional services companies, transforming clients’ business, operating and technology models for the digital era. Our unique industry-based, consultative approach helps many of the best-known organizations in every industry and geography envision, build and run more innovative and efficient businesses.
Founded in 1994 as a technology development arm of The Dun & Bradstreet Corporation, we were spun off as an independent company in 1996. Cognizant has a record of industry-leading growth, both organic and through acquisitions, with revenues of $16+ billion, and 285,000+ associates globally. Headquartered in Teaneck, N.J., Cognizant is consistently recognized for achievements in the market. Some recent rankings include: being ranked #193 on the Fortune 500; named within the top 20 of the Fortune Future 50 list – a ranking of U.S. companies with the best prospects for breakout growth; being consistently named to the World’s Most Admired Companies, Fortune; and named on Forbes’ list of America’s Best Employers for Diversity 2019. We have also been recognized for our work in digital, and artificial intelligence, amongst other sectors. We continue to challenge ourselves to be best in class, and we would like you to consider being a part of our mission.
We specialize in helping some of the world’s most established companies to stay the most loved brands in today’s fast-changing technology landscape by advancing every aspect of how they serve their customers: digitizing products, services and customer experiences, automating business processes, and modernizing technology infrastructures.
Put simply, we help clients get digital done with scale needed to transform their complex organizations to capitalize on the tremendous opportunities the latest technologies make possible, and the speed expected by their customers, partners and owners.
Because today, creating value by leveraging technology is very industry-specific, we continue to deepen our expertise in 20 different industries, including banking and financial services, healthcare, manufacturing and retail. And to help speed clients’ journeys toward becoming digital, we bring our digital capabilities and industry expertise together into horizontal offerings and industry solutions that accelerate the most essential leaps that today’s technology makes possible, and complement those solutions with consulting and services built for the speed of business today.
With a rapidly expanding footprint extending in North America, India, Europe, South America, Asia Pacific and the Middle East, we work around the globe - securely, quickly - while collaborating locally with clients, in person and in their local languages. We consider it our responsibility to make people feel at home in the future, no matter how technology enabled it becomes. We are committed to helping to solve some of humankind’s most difficult challenges in a way that is beneficial and comfortable for people through the work we do, and through investing in training people around the world in the digital skills needed to do that work.
We believe that the opportunity presented by technology has never been greater, and because of that opportunity, Cognizant will continue to be one of the fastest-growing companies in our industry.
The India regional leader will be chartered with responsibility for governing, managing, implementing and administering the India benefit strategy and programs for Cognizant’s 240,000+ associates in India. The India strategy is part of the larger Global Benefits & Wellbeing strategy, with the India leader working as part of a global team. The role will be responsible for the following specific areas, including, but not limited to:
- Insured benefits including health, risk, life
- Non insured benefits including leave
- Policies – such as certain allowances
- Wellbeing Programs
We expect the successful candidate for the role will be a seasoned benefits professional with a proven track record leading an India benefits function for a large, complex, global, publicly traded company. The successful candidate will embody collective attributes which include business acumen, solution building, communication excellence, and have career experiences required to implement change, navigate and influence decision making in a matrix organization. The ideal candidate is someone who questions the status quo, and uses data, creativity, and analytics to explore alternatives, evaluate pros and cons and provide recommendations and alternatives for continuous improvement.
Duties & Responsibilities
The India leader will be chartered with responsibilities including, but not limited to:
- Align and implement the regional benefits strategy with the global strategy
- Direct and develop the regional benefits benefits to achieve the overall goals of the organization
- Optimize and manage multiple supplier vendors and partners (to include: global broker, insurers, consultants)
- Partner with procurement for the contracting/purchasing/ onboarding process.
- Lead and optimize the management, delivery, and administration of benefits programs and policies by assessing and transitioning work currently done by the COE that should be automated, transitioned to an external vendor, or to HRSS
- Partner with HRSS benefits team to create a ‘one team’ feel between the COE and HRSS
- Review and assess regularly (through partnership with the broker) the benefit design and market competitive position of country programs. Balanced with affordability, and global guidelines, seek opportunities to align policies to promote employee attraction & retention, D&I, market median competitive position, maximizing associates’ productivity and engagement
- Optimize spend for regional benefits, using data to inform recommendations. Address purchasing opportunities by partnering with broker on competitive remarketings, and leveraging the multinational pooling strategy.
- Monitor and evaluate compliance requirements and changing regulatory and legislative environment to ensure any required design changes are implemented timely
- Successfully navigate a matrix organization partnering with HR Business Partners and leaders, mobility, finance, legal, procurement, communications and M&A as required
- Develop and consistently deliver effective and clear communications regarding benefits programs/processes on an ongoing, proactive basis, including the online benefits portal, total rewards system and new hire and acquired business orientations
- Work with the Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A) team in the region, to ensure integration alignment, and appointment of CTS broker immediately.
- Align the regional wellbeing strategy to the global strategy, managing regional programs, launching wellbeing champions
- Align regional HR Policies to the Global HR Policy group
Minimum and Preferred Qualifications include:
- Experience: minimum of 15 years’ professional experience, in progressively responsible benefits roles, ultimately leading the European regional function, including direct and matrixed people management, in a large complex global company, with significant M&A experience and a demonstrable track record of organizational achievements
- Company platform experience: experience in a global, publicly-traded, Fortune 500 company with minimum 30,000+ employees.
- Excellent working knowledge of benefits related policies, laws and regulations
- Education: a Bachelor’s degree is required, preferably in business, human resources, organizational/industrial design, and/or business administration; a Master’s Degree in a related field and/or a Master’s of Business Administration is highly preferred
Directly reports to VP of Global Benefits, Wellbeing and HR Policy.
India. This role will be hybrid, with travel if and as required.
General office /home office working conditions