Senior Management level position responsible for the successful implementation and ongoing operations of all Group Benefit programs (Health & Welfare, Savings and Retirement). Manages Amtrak relationships with third party benefit administrators. Acts as the liaison for the Benefits Team and with Amtrak IT to manage the benefit projects and initiatives relative to the need for IT support including development and implementations of new systems and enhancement of existing systems with both Amtrak IT, as well as our third-party benefit administrators.
- Responsible for the efficient and effective administration of all benefit programs within a complex environment.
- Manage third-party benefit administration vendors for the effective implementation and ongoing administration of the Amtrak benefit plans.
- Manage all benefits projects and initiatives relative to technology with Amtrak IT, Payroll and/or our third-party administrators for the development and implementation of new systems and the enhancement of existing systems.
- Evaluates new IT developments relative to benefits and evolving business requirements and recommends appropriate systems.
- Leads benefit efforts relative to audits and works closely with internal and external auditors to ensure timely and accurate completion of audits as well as ongoing process improvements as indicated.
- Works with internal and external resources to ensure Amtrak benefit plan administration, documentation and reporting are in compliance with legal requirements (ERISA, HIPAA).
- Develops and improves upon processes and procedures to ensure data integrity between various systems associated with benefits.
- Stays abreast of new benefits legislation; assesses impact on benefit plans and proposes changes to accommodate new regulations.
- Assists in and provides support to team/departmental projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree required OR equivalent combination of training, education and relevant experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- 9 years of relevant experience required.
- Demonstrated benefits experience.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills, especially in excel.
- Project Management skills.
- Strong Team Management and Development skills.
- Strong knowledge of HRIT systems (e.g., SAP) and demonstrated ability to drive projects involving benefit systems, internal HRIT systems, and Payroll.
- Ability to collaborate with others in Human Resources, IT and Payroll as well as in the business.
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills.
- A Certified Employee Benefits Professional (CEBS).
- Experience with Third Party Administrators.
- Pension system administration experience.
- HRIT System experience.
- 11+ years of relevant experience preferred.
Your success is a train ride away.
Amtrak connects businesses and communities across the country and we move America’s workforce toward the future. We employ more than 20,000 diverse, energetic professionals in a variety of career fields throughout the United States. The safety of our passengers, our employees, the public and our operating environment is our priority and the success of our railroad is the result of our employees.
Are you ready to join our team?