Your success is a train ride away.
Amtrak connects businesses and communities across the country and we move America’s workforce toward the future. We employ more than 20,000 diverse, energetic professionals in a variety of career fields throughout the United States. The safety of our passengers, our employees, the public and our operating environment is our priority and the success of our railroad is the result of our employees.
Are you ready to join our team?
Summary of Duties
The Sr Manager, Performance has strategic and tactical responsibility to drive and implement performance management processes for the enterprise with measurable results. By applying practical concepts, industry trends/benchmarks, theory, collecting Amtrak perspectives, and building support among key stakeholders, establishes the long-term strategies for performance management. The Senior Manage may supervise a full-time employee and/or intern. Manages program budgets and resources.
- Manage a variety of performance related projects which include development, design, and implementation of performance management technology & programs.
- Responsible for high-level collaboration by partnering with appropriate internal and external resources, to ensure projects and programs are understood by the business and remain on-time and on-budget, all while influencing desired goals and objectives for the company and building understanding, ownership, and support among key HR and business partners.
- Provides thought leadership as subject matter expert bringing together up-to-date best practice methods, formal training and applied experience.
- Ensures compliance of various programs with established internal and external guidelines, processes, and procedures.
- Leads or manages the implementation and maintenance of performance management systems and is the subject matter expert with HRIS to ensure that system requirements are in place and functioning properly within SAP and SuccessFactors.
- Influences the performance strategy through interpretation and data analysis and providing those analytics to the appropriate approvers to support recommendations of programs and processes in order to make the right decisions that will drive the performance of Amtrak.
- Develops and coordinates the release of timely and effective performance management communication and education to ensure transparency to employees and managers.
- Provides a comprehensive and cohesive presentation of the Total Rewards function to internal HR and to all of Amtrak.
- Develop and/or revise existing performance management process documentation.
- Will help drive continuous improvement within Total Rewards function through streamlining, standardization and partnership with other HR functions.
- Develop and implement strategy for creating dashboards capturing key performance metrics for leadership.
- 9 years of relevant experience in Performance Management, Compensation, Human Resources, or related field
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Finance, Human Resources, or other related degree. Or equivalent combination of training and relevant work experience will be considered in lieu of a degree
- Experience with company-wide performance management initiatives
- Demonstrated analytical skills with data and finances
- Experience working wtih HRIS & Integrated Talent Management Systems
- Effective work & communication with all levels in an organization, including executives
- Demonstrated skills using Microsoft Office (Excel, Teams, Word, PowerPoint)
- Master's Degree in Finance, Business Administration, Human Resources, or related field
- 11 years of relevant work experience
- Supervisory experience strongly preferred
- Experience in a union environment
- SAP & Success Factors Knowledge
- Market Pay or Pay Factors experience
- Requisition ID:54682
- Posting Location(s): District of Columbia; Maryland; Virginia
- Job Family/Function: Human Capital
- Relocation Offered: No
- Travel Requirements: Up to 25%
Amtrak employees power our progress through their performance.
We want your work at Amtrak to be more than a job – we want it to be a fulfilling experience where you find challenging and rewarding opportunities, respect among colleagues, competitive pay, benefits that protect you and your family, and a high performance culture that recognizes and values your contributions and helps you reach your career goals.
We proudly support and encourage U.S. Veterans to apply for Amtrak job opportunities.
All positions require pre-employment background verification, medical review and pre-employment drug screen. Amtrak is committed to a safe and drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing. All new hires are required to undergo a hair drug test which detects the presence of illegal drugs for months prior to testing. Marijuana, notwithstanding any statute, ordinance, regulation, or other law that legalizes or decriminalizes the use or possession of marijuana, whether for medical, recreational, or other use. Candidates who engage in the usage of marijuana will not be qualified for hire. We appreciate your cooperation in keeping Amtrak safe and drug-free.
In accordance with DOT regulations (49 CFR section 40.25), Amtrak is required to obtain prior drug and alcohol testing records for applicants/employees intending to perform safety- sensitive duties for covered Department of Transportation positions. If an applicant/employee refuses to provide written consent for Amtrak to obtain these records, he/she will not permitted to perform safety-sensitive functions.
Note that any education requirement listed above may be deemed satisfied if you have an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Amtrak is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and we welcome all to apply. We consider candidates regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability (including blindness), or veteran status.