The Coordinator will work in support of our Well-being & Workforce Strategy Institute, associated Committee(s) and related projects. The Coordinator may be assigned to additional projects and teams time permitting and based on organizational needs. Topics include, but are not limited to, well-being, workforce strategy, mental health, leave, health equity and social determinants of health. This position reports to the Vice President of the Institute and is based in Washington, DC. This position is temporarily remote.
- Organizes and maintains various member files, tracking lists, mailing lists, e-groups and member participation in various reporting systems (i.e. Outlook, Excel, and CRM).
- Assists in the invoicing process by e-mailing reminders of dues invoices. Tracks and documents the entire process and any related interactions. Records payment dates and sends out confirmation/thank you notes.
- Drafts and sends meeting reminder emails and tracks RSVPs. Assists with welcoming members, providing assistance with webinar and phone tasks, set-up and clean-up. Works with team to assemble all meeting materials.
- Drafts responses to basic member requests. Supports research and development of responses/resources for more complex member needs.
- Supports all aspects of the Best Employers Awards program including application development and testing, member interactions, mailbox maintenance, etc.
- Operates video-teleconferencing equipment and polling technology during meetings with members
- Responsible for accurate and timely completion of discrete tasks, subject to moderate or minimum supervision
- Relies on supervisor to set and manage broad priorities, independently manages competing priorities on a day-to-day basis
- Communicate effectively and with moderate supervision with all contacts internal and external to the Business Group.
- Effectively collaborate with other team members across the organization.
- Contribute to the overall mission of the organization and member recruitment and retention through excellent customer service.
- Identify opportunities for the organization to better serve the members.
- Assist other team members with other projects as needed.
- Seeks guidance and embraces mentorship to develop in role.
- Bachelors degree required. Preferred fields of study include health management, health communications/marketing, human resources, business, public health or related field.
- 0-2 yrs. of experience in an administrative capacity.
- Fluent in written and spoken English.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple responsibilities while meeting deadlines in a fast-paced work environment.
- Manage a wide range of assigned projects on a day-to-day basis with moderate supervision.
- Strong critical thinking and analytical skills.
- Self-starter who can anticipate the needs of the team.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent internal and external customer and member service skills, having the ability to interact with colleagues, member companies, and potential members.
- Strong organization skills and be organized, detail oriented, and thorough.
- The ability to be resourceful and creative in finding and using relevant information.
- The ability to work effectively on team projects; collaborating with other colleagues to carry out the organization’s goals and objectives.
- The ability to be self-motivated and exercise appropriate individual discretion and judgments within the context of established policies and procedures.
- High professional standards and the ability to handle sensitive information confidentially.
- Highly computer literate, with demonstrated proficiency in MS Office Suite software, Zoom and Microsoft CRM.
- Member/Customer-first orientation
- Interpersonal awareness/leadership
- Growth mindset
Qualified candidates can submit a cover letter and resume to: